For years I have posted verses from the Psalms and a brief comment on Facebook and now am turning them into a blog. It is my conviction that the Psalms, as found in the Bible, are an example for us of honest communication with God. The psalmists express a wide range of emotions, circumstances, and requests. God is not afraid of our questions, doubts, or concerns. Join me as we learn from the Psalms to process our emotions through the character of God, and see him more clearly.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Psalm 144 "Training my hands"

Photo by ABEL MARQUEZ on Unsplash
Psalm for Today = 144:1-2

Blessed be the Lord, my rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    and my fingers for battle;
he is my steadfast love and my fortress,
    my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield and he in whom I take refuge,
    who subdues peoples under me.

Comments:
What is the spiritual battle God is training us for today? He will train our hands to do what He asks us to do. He does not call us to frustration.

While he no longer works through nations to gain geographical territory for the Kingdom of God, he desires to work through us to gain souls and reform the systems that affect the way people live.

We need to remember that people are not our enemy and that our weapons are not worldly.

“For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ…” (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)

If we are going to fight His fight we must use His weapons and tactics...not our own! And it seems that most often the battlefield is within our own hearts and minds.

He is our fortress and deliverer, our shield and refuge! Our hope is in Christ!

1 comment:

  1. This piece of writing is actually a good one it assists new internet viewers, who are wishing for blogging.

    ReplyDelete