For years I have posted verses from the Psalms and a brief comment on Facebook and now am turning them into a blog. It is my conviction that the Psalms, as found in the Bible, are an example for us of honest communication with God. The psalmists express a wide range of emotions, circumstances, and requests. God is not afraid of our questions, doubts, or concerns. Join me as we learn from the Psalms to process our emotions through the character of God, and see him more clearly.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

21 Days of Prayer in Psalm 119 (Day #3)

Read Psalm 119:17-24 

                 "Revelation"

My focus today is v. 18,
"Open my eyes, that I may behold
wondrous things out of your law."


I am reminded that the Word of God is full of wondrous things, but also that I need the Lord himself to open my eyes to see them. It is not primarily of my doing, my cleverness, my intelligence, or even my will but of his gracious and loving revelation.

O Lord, I repent of trusting my own wisdom and discernment and I pray you would open our eyes that we might behold, in wonder, all that the law (and all of your word speaks of you); that it reveals you as you are not as I might try to make you out to be. May such a vision stir up a response of love in my heart so that I might be more like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment