For years I have posted verses from the Psalms and a brief comment on Facebook and now am turning them into a blog. It is my conviction that the Psalms, as found in the Bible, are an example for us of honest communication with God. The psalmists express a wide range of emotions, circumstances, and requests. God is not afraid of our questions, doubts, or concerns. Join me as we learn from the Psalms to process our emotions through the character of God, and see him more clearly.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Psalm 89 "The Festal Shout"

Psalm 89:14-18
"Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne;
    steadfast love and faithfulness go before you.
Blessed are the people who know the festal shout,
    who walk, O Lord, in the light of your face,
who exult in your name all the day
    and in your righteousness are exalted.
For you are the glory of their strength;
    by your favor our horn is exalted.
For our shield belongs to the Lord,
    our king to the Holy One of Israel."
Photo by William White on Unsplash

Comment: 
The psalmist is almost leading a group cheer for what God has done in the past, and for who God is, in relation to his people. I sense a rising crescendo in this passage. 

At the end of this long psalm, we learn that the psalmist was currently in difficult circumstances and was asking when the Lord would intervene. 

I love how enthusiastic he gets talking about what God has done…even way back in the history of his country. 

He lived out his phrase, "Blessed are the people who know the festal shout"! 

I hope I can be as stoked about God’s faithfulness…past, present, and future!

3 comments:

  1. You actually make it appear really easy together with your presentation however I to
    find this topic to be really one thing which I feel I might
    by no means understand. It seems too complex and very large for me.
    I am having a look forward in your subsequent put up, I'll
    try to get the grasp of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day! This post could not be written any better!
    Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
    He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this write-up to him.
    Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah, that's what I was seeking for, what a material! present here
    at this webpage, thanks admin of this web site.

    ReplyDelete