For years I have posted verses from the Psalms and a brief comment on Facebook and now am turning them into a blog. It is my conviction that the Psalms, as found in the Bible, are an example for us of honest communication with God. The psalmists express a wide range of emotions, circumstances, and requests. God is not afraid of our questions, doubts, or concerns. Join me as we learn from the Psalms to process our emotions through the character of God, and see him more clearly.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Psalm 100 "Cheerfully"

Psalm for Today = 100:1-2
"Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!"

Comments:
Was struck with the first line of verse 2 during a staff prayer time this AM. How often do we serve the Lord but not cheerfully? While we may not go as far as the corrupt priests in Malachi who despised the services of the Lord (saying it was "Bazah!" ...doesn't that just sound like despising?) we may serve reluctantly, hesitantly, perfunctorily, or even sullenly.

For me I confess that this morning it was sleepily until the Lord quickened this verse to my soul.

Well, I may still be sleepy but it is a "cheerful sleepy"!

No comments:

Post a Comment