For years I have posted verses from the Psalms and a brief comment on Facebook and now am turning them into a blog. It is my conviction that the Psalms, as found in the Bible, are an example for us of honest communication with God. The psalmists express a wide range of emotions, circumstances, and requests. God is not afraid of our questions, doubts, or concerns. Join me as we learn from the Psalms to process our emotions through the character of God, and see him more clearly.

Friday, July 5, 2013

Psalm 94 "Many Cares"

Photo by Tim Mossholder on Unsplash
Psalm for Yesterday = 94:18-20

When I thought, “My foot slips,”

    your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up.
When the cares of my heart are many,
    your consolations cheer my soul.

Comments:
I am so thankful for the steadfast love of the Lord.

My students and frequent readers know my affinity for hesed, the Hebrew word translated "steadfast love". It is his tender mercies (hesed) and loyal love (hesed) that catch me when my foot is slipping.

Similarly, it is his comfort that cheers me up when my soul has been burdened by the anxieties of the world. 

There are certainly a number of cares listed in this psalm including v. 20 which I will probably blog about in the future on my Compelled2 blog. But for today it is enough to know that his love holds me up and his consolations cheer me up.

After meditating on these verses I am feeling blessed...but I still might not turn on the TV news tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment