For years I have posted verses from the Psalms and a brief comment on Facebook and now am turning them into a blog. It is my conviction that the Psalms, as found in the Bible, are an example for us of honest communication with God. The psalmists express a wide range of emotions, circumstances, and requests. God is not afraid of our questions, doubts, or concerns. Join me as we learn from the Psalms to process our emotions through the character of God, and see him more clearly.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Psalm 99 "You were a forgiving God to them"

Psalm for Today = 99:8-9
           "O Lord our God, you answered them;
                                       you were a forgiving God to them,
                                                but an avenger of their wrongdoings.
Exalt the Lord our God,
and worship at his holy mountain;
   for the Lord our God is holy!"

Comments:
I find this passage both encouraging and sobering. I hope you are also encouraged to read the first clause about how he answers and forgives. I learned early on in my Christian life to be a quick confessor...and God hears and forgives so faithfully!

Yet if I don't come to him in repentance then He will come to me in recompense.

He is holy and we should be glad that he is!

Let us all come together and worship him!

No comments:

Post a Comment