For years I have posted verses from the Psalms and a brief comment on Facebook and now am turning them into a blog. It is my conviction that the Psalms, as found in the Bible, are an example for us of honest communication with God. The psalmists express a wide range of emotions, circumstances, and requests. God is not afraid of our questions, doubts, or concerns. Join me as we learn from the Psalms to process our emotions through the character of God, and see him more clearly.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Psalm 102 Hear My Prayer

Psalm for Today = 102:1-2
1 Hear my prayer, O Lord;
    let my cry come to you!
Do not hide your face from me
    in the day of my distress!
Incline your ear to me;
    answer me speedily in the day when I call!


Comments:
This psalm is a classic lament, "Hear my prayer, O Lord". The psalmist’s petition is similar to that of Job…that the Lord would hear his prayer. Verses 3-11 poetically outline the psalmist’s desperate and lonely situation about which he is praying. As followers of Jesus, we can have even more confidence that God hears our prayer than the ancient psalmist since our relationship with the Lord is based on better promises (Hebrews 8:6). Yet he had amazing confidence in the Lord as we can see in v. 12-17 “But you, O Lord…”  

Questions:
What does the psalmist assert to be true about God in this psalm?

So what will we testify in advance that God will do on our behalf?

No comments:

Post a Comment